Your child will have so much fun attending these pottery holiday workshops! They’ll get their hands dirty while learning about clay and receiving 1:1 support from me in a small class environment. Classes take place at my home studio in Pukerua Bay, Wellington. I love to teach children about clay and encourage creativity!
* please note : discount code/sale codes cannot be used for pottery classes. Please ensure there is no discount code added at checkout.
Monday 10 July 930am-1230pm & Tues 11 July 930am-1230pm
Your child must attend both dates.
8-13 year olds (Primary & Intermediate children).
Venue: Julia’s studio, Pukerua Bay, Wellington.
1. Introductions, Safety & Theory
2. Guided slab & pinch pot creations.
3. Continue on with additional items of your choice.
5. Tidying/cleaning your space.
6. Pickup of finished items.
If your child already has basic clay knowledge and has worked with clay before, they are welcome to forge ahead with their own creations! I do re-cover health and safety and basic clay theory with all children, as this is not taught in many kids classes.
1. Tuition - small classes of 5-8 children.
2. Clay (up to 1kg each)
4. Bisque Firing
5. Glaze Firing
6. Use of all tools and equipment.
7. Theory/info sheets to take home
8. Finished items to take home. Usually 2-6 items, depending on the child.
Items will be able to be picked up approximately 3 weeks after the workshop once they have been fired and glazed.
Your child will receive an achievement certificate for completing the Intro 1 class.
I've been running JHD for over 11 years now, and I’ve been pottering around for about 3 years, Pottery has become a hobby, and pretty much an obsession! I love teaching children about clay in the comfort of my home studio space. I believe in nurturing creativity, and helping others express themselves through art and creation. These classes are suitable for all children, of all abilities, and will hopefully open a whole new world of fun, creativity, and passion for them! If they love the class, they can attend a follow-on class – more classes will be added as things progress.