Your child will have so much fun attending this pottery holiday workshop. They’ll get their hands dirty while learning about clay and receiving 1:1 support from me in a small class environment. Classes take place at my home studio in Pukerua Bay, Wellington. I love to teach children about clay and encourage creativity! This is a great class for your child to get a feel for clay! If they enjoy it they can join me for the term classes to extend their knowledge further.
* please note : discount code/sale codes cannot be used for pottery classes.
Tuesday 16 January 2024 930am - 1230pm.
8-13 year olds (Primary & Intermediate children).
Suitable for VERY beginners who have never done pottery before.
Venue: Julia’s studio, Pukerua Bay, Wellington.
1. Introductions, Safety & Theory
2. Guided slab & pinch pot creations. Clay up to 1kg.
3. Glazing and 2 x kiln firings (will be done by me outside of the class.)
4. Tidying/cleaning your space.
5. Pickup of finished items 4-6 weeks after the last class. Usually 1-4 items.
I've been running JHD for over 11 years now, and I’ve been pottering around for about 3 years, Pottery has become a hobby, and pretty much an obsession! I love teaching children about clay in the comfort of my home studio space. I believe in nurturing creativity, and helping others express themselves through art and creation.
I have been teaching pottery classes for almost a year now, and have been on my own learning curve, improving and making my classes even better.